Last sneak peek for this week. Today is a tag tutorial over at the PaperArtsy Blog. I am using the new Lynne Perelman stamps this week. Can I say GORGEOUS! !
I hope you check it out.
Archive for the ‘Tags’ Category
I thought I would share a tag I made a year ago for Pink Persimmon. The background is acrylic packaging that has been embossed and rubbed with metallic paint. I layered some papers and die cuts before adding my stamped image from the Style Girl stamp set.
I colored her using Distress Markers and the papers are from the Farmhouse collection by October Afternoon.
Thank you for looking.
Here is a tag for Artistic Outpost using the Fashion Flappers plate. I used some scraps and ephemera in my background as well as paints and stamping. I thought a bit of Stickles would help it look more jazzy.
Life is getting crazy as my hubby just got a job transfer to Pennsylvania. We are seperated until our house sells and/ or the school year ends. Everything is a bit hecktic in the midst of packing and the daily routine. I will be trying my best to post consistantly. Thanks for sticking with me!
Hello! It is the middle of the week and I am finally getting to a post. As life got increasingly busy last year, I found myself slacking on the 12 tags. Design teams take priority when it comes down to it. I am hoping to keep up this year but we will see.
Of course my inspiration for this tag was Tim Holtz’s January Tag. I combined this challenge with my DT project for Artistic Outpost.
My background started out using Tim’s stencil technique ( I used his gears mask). I wasn’t thrilled with the outcome so I added stamping fron the Paper Boy & Generation Redux stamp sets. I embossed and then added some gesso and sprays.
My steampunk flower was made with foil. It was embossed, painted and sprayed. I glued lots of tiny watch parts over the flower. The beautiful sprig of flowers is from I Am Roses. I added a little color to match my background. My sentiment is from the Symphony set and the stamped embellishment from the Generation Redux stamp set.
Thank you for looking.
Happy Saturday! Today I am sharing a tag for Artistic Outpost. My background is covered with a few strips of book paper, gessoed, sprayed and then embossed with a gear die. I rubbed the raised aread with an ink pad and then embossed with clear powder. I cut out the stamped balloons from the Paris Exposition stamp plate and layered them on top of each other.
Thank you for looking!
Welcome! Today the Artistic Outpost Design Team is sharing creations from our two new releases. The first one is Hayrides, a fabulous plate full of of autumn images. I love this one!
I made a tag using several images from this plate. My background is sprayed using a stencil and various colored inks. I embossed the vines, cut them out and layerefd a few flowers on top. I love this little girl. She has butterfly wings and I colored her with markers. I embellished with some buttons.
Chalkboard Christmas is our next release. These are some great sentiments for Christmas. Not the norm, which is why I love them.
I used a patterned paper postcard for the background and then layered using my stamped images. That cute frame, snowman and the ‘Merry’ are from the new stamp plate.
Make sure you hop around to all the DT ladies to get some inspiration.
I decided to make it a trio. I couldn’t help myself. I am loving all the tag sets by Alison over at the Paper Artsy blog.
To join in challenge #3, I stamped my image on acetate and created a crackled background. I did a tiny bit of stamping and added some embossing on the top edge. More torn book paper in the background to frame my image. And here all all thee tags inspired by challenges 1~3.
I hope you like them. Now I just have to work on display. Have a great weekend.
Paper Artsy- Alison’s Challenge #3
I am back with another tag made for the Challenge by Alison over at Paper Artsy. I decided to make my tags into a set so I followed the same colors as my tag from challenge #1.
I loved how Alison’s stamped image was framed with torn and stainef book paper so I did like wise for my tag. I used the same background technique as my previous tag since they will be displayed together.
My image by Lynne Perrella was stamped onto sprayed paper. I added a few accents with liquid pearls. Isn’t she lovely? Thank you for joining me.
Paper Artsy- Alison’s challenge #2
Hello everyone. I just received my winnings from Paper Artsy and I couldn’t wait to play along with Alison’s Challenge. I pulled out my new set of Lynne Perrella stamps and got started.
I loved Alison’s first trio of tags. Seeing as I love bright colors (and my blue & greens) I took Alison’s background technique using book paper, paint, texture paint and embossing and created my background onto a chipboard tag.
You can bearly see the clear embossing but it is there. Aren’t these fish stunning. The detail is fabulous. All the stamps are from Paper Artsy as well as the chipboard tag. Thank you for stopping and don’t forget to check out my giveaway from yesterdays post.
Hello everyone. Just a quick tag that I made some time ago for Pink Persimmon. Love the Antiquated stamp collection by Lisa M. Pace.
I used some texture paste and paint on the background. The little boy is from the Knick-knack Paddy Whack stamp set. He has been colored in with Distress Markers. The sentiment is from the Postal Label stamp set.
Thank you for stopping!
Hello everyone, Just a tag to share. I used a jumbo tag which was gifted with my order from the The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
I created a background that I ended up hating so I glued book paper over the top and started over. I used my Wendy Vecchi inks for the background. I used a few different die cuts which have been layered. The cute house stamps from Crafty Individuals is my focal point.
I am finally getting around to participate in a few challenges. I am combining two for this tag. First I am participating in the August I Am Roses Challenge. The challenge was to use the word ‘friend’ along with 2 or more IAR products. I used three different flowers.
Secondly, I am participating in the Crafty Individuals August Challenge. I used my one and only CI stamp plate CI-274. The theme is anything goes.
Thank you for looking. Have a grand weekend!
I finally got to try out my new Tim Holtz stamps from my birthday. It took me quite a while to complete this tag. Once I found the right elements it came together quickly.
I started off with a ginormous tag that was gifted with my order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. So, my background is painted, sprayed and gessoed. I then used book paper & stamps. My dies cuts are layered in the background with harlequin embossing. I used some flowers and metal embellishments to tie it all together. Thanks for looking.
The Scrap Yard Flickr Photos
- Handmade camera gift box with tutorial by Emma Trout April 9, 2014
- Cool Water July 23, 2014
- ~~ Come, fly away with me… ~~ February 17, 2014
- Art x 3 [Brand New Lines!} July 22, 2014
- Sheer Joy with flowers ... May 13, 2014
- Circus Carousel & Circus Theaters - Tutorial July 12, 2014Step right up and checkout these two fun circus themed projects. The first is a spinning carousel made from a Masonite kit which makes building a carousel easy. The second is Sells Flotos Circus made from chipboard theater boxes and lots of collage sheet images.CIRCUS CAROUSEL TUTORIALThe carousel kit comes with all of the pieces you need to construct the […]
- Circus Carousel & Circus Theaters - Tutorial July 12, 2014
- AGL Summer Showcase & Giveaway Day 8 July 24, 2014
- Sunday Stamper - Week 317 - In Dreams July 20, 2014Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! Thank you for all your fabby entries for last weeks challenge - it was grand to see so many different interpretations of the theme. The theme this week is a nice easy one to get your chops around... and it is DREAMS. You can interpret the challenge how you like: add the word to a project, incl […]
- Sunday Stamper - Week 317 - In Dreams July 20, 2014
- 楽しかった！！キルトウィーク♪ May 31, 2014Hi guys:) Went to an SB event at Osaka last Saturday! We've enjoyed the event so much since there are not many events here!! Thank you so much for the wonderful time!!! 皆さん、こんにちは！５月２４日に行ってきました！キルトウィーク in OSAKA♪久々に参加するＳＢイベントでとっても楽しい時間を過ごさせて頂きました(*^_^*)会場着いたら、まずはじめにAsukaとMake n' Takeを受ける事に(*^_^*)この日は教えてくれたのは、のぞみちゃんとあ〜みさんときみさん♪今流行りのジェラートを使って、可愛い風船のカード […]
- 楽しかった！！キルトウィーク♪ May 31, 2014
- mal nicht gestempelt... April 27, 2014
- Crafty Individuals – New Stamps Released July 24, 2014
- Christmas Gift Boxes July 21, 2014I’m really behind on posting. It’s amazing how fast days have been flying by lately. Last week I shared these little Christmas Boxes on the Teresa Collins Design Team Blog. I thought they would make the perfect gift boxes for handmade jewelry. What do you think? I made these boxes using Teresa’s new line, Candy […]
- Christmas Gift Boxes July 21, 2014
- Summertime, DT Samples and Pinterest July 23, 2014Hello, Friends! I hope you all are having a good week. The summer is passing by so quickly. Some kids here in North Carolina are already back in school. It seems like the long, lazy days of summer are a thing of the past. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood summers: swimming in the pool, playing kickball with all the neighborhood kids, stayi […]
- Summertime, DT Samples and Pinterest July 23, 2014
- The Red, White & Blue July 4, 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
NOTE: FTC GuidelinesAs of December 1, 2009, new FTC guidelines went into effect requiring bloggers to disclose any time they are compensated for endorsing or reviewing products or services. I serve on design teams and participate in various social media sites where I post projects containing components I have received for free, have been compensated for or received perks in return for posts on this blog. While this may be the case, I would never endorse or mislead you, my readers, by stating an opinion about any product that I did not wholeheartedly believe. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about any post or product I use in any of my projects.
- 48,042 hits
Top Posts You May Be Interested In